Happy New Year! The hope of new beginning is in the air, with this comes a new pile of TBRs, bookish goals, challenges, and resolutions. Just thinking of listing them down already gets me excited, I hope this will motivate me to get into all of them this year.
- Read every night before bed: I’ve been doing this for a while now but I want to be more consistent with this habit.
- Read books in Spanish: Serpent & Dove (a.k.a. my favorite book of 2019) is having a Spanish version! I am trying to learn Spanish and I think reading my favorite book in this language will be extremely helpful and will make the learning process more fun.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: My goal this year is to read 30 books. I wanted to try jumping to 40 but I know myself, I’m a slow reader so… 30 will do. For now.
- Read classics: I don’t think I’ve ever read a classic, probably once or twice during English class, I can’t even remember them anymore. Reading out of obligation is really no fun so this time, I will try to read something of my own free will.
- Read during travels: Yasss! I did this last year when I went to Armenia. I brought Circe with me and found Frankenstein in one of the local bookstores there! Which brings me to…
- Visit bookstores around the world: I will try to make it a goal to visit some bookstores whenever I’m exploring a certain country. It was so much fun exploring little bookshops in Yerevan last year, if only there were more English titles (but that’s really the fun part, you never know what you’d end up walking out of the store with).
- Finally read Harry Potter: Geez, I’ve seen the movies but I’ve never read the books! Well, this will be the year of setting things right. I swear!
- Start a Reading & Blogging journal: Just to track my progress and jot down my ideas.
- Post a content at least once a week: I’ve been really awful at posting contents last year. I have a lot of them in draft just because I feel too lazy to finish a post. This has to stop.
- Dedicate more time to bookstagram: I suck at taking photos and I’m too lazy to edit them. Well, basically, all of my shortcomings come from laziness. I really have to overcome this. I love documenting my reads and I love talking about them, but sometimes laziness gets in the way and I really feel bad about it.
My resolutions for this year are mainly focused on improving myself. I want to be more consistent and motivated when it comes to doing stuff that I really love. I hope you’re all having a great start of the year!
What are some of your bookish goals/resolutions this year? Let me know in the comments below! ♥